The Dollar General can be a quick, thrifty place to shop especially for couponers! Keep these tips in mind while shopping at Dollar General:
1) Always check the Dollar General weekly store ads, in the Sunday newspaper, as well as bimonthly savings circulars; these bi-monthly savings are often delivered to your home in your weekly penny saver ads. You can also view all current ads on the Dollar General website: http://www.dollargeneral.com
2) Dollar General allows for mobile store coupons, coupon stacking, and transaction coupons in order to maximize your potential savings.
3) Dollar General offers mobile coupons to customers who text the word ‘SAVE’ to DGTXT .
4) Dollar General also offers an mobile app, for both the ios and Android markets, which can be used at the register as well, by simply showing the code on your phone to the cashier at checkout. The link for this app is:
Android users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dollargeneral.android&hl=en
ios (apple) iTune users: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dollar-general/id561311442?mt=8
5) Dollar General often lists their store coupons both online, and occasionally in weekly ads. Dollar General allows shoppers to stack a store coupon with a manufacturer coupon; Dollar General store coupons will state that they are “DG,” “Dollar General,” or “Redeemable Only At Dollar General” on the top of row of each coupon.
6) Dollar General often promotes store coupons worth $5 off a purchase of $25 or more, which are located at the bottom of your receipt as well as online at http://www.dollargeneral.com These are usually valid for one day only, generally Saturdays. These coupons can be used in conjunction with other store coupons and manufacturer coupons, but you must give the cashier the $5 coupon first or the register will not accept it. The $5 off $25 coupons usually exclude the purchase of prepaid cell phones, gift cards, prepaid credit cards, alcohol, Rug Doctor rentals, and lottery tickets.
7) Dollar General will not pay overage for coupons.
8) Apps like Endorse, iBotta, and Receipt Hog will accept deals and receipts for items purchased at Dollar General.
9) Dollar General also hosts a great online coupon center for printing offers and coupons, which you should check out to see if you can find pairing deals, where you can stack both a manufacturers and store coupons together, before heading to the store to maximize any potential savings:
10) Keep your weekly Dollar General sales ads, for they often list awesome deals which can be price-matched at Walmart, if your local Dollar General is out of stock!
11) If your coupon item deals are out of stock, Dollar General will issue rain-checks, which are valid for thirty days, and will allow you to come back at a later time to get your couponed savings!
12) I recommend printing a copy of the Dollar General Coupon Policy from the link provided below, keep it in your coupon binder, and take it with you on every trip to Dollar General!