Good afternoon, savvy savers! Today I wanted to share with you my recipe for Couponed Crockpot Lemon Pepper Chicken Spinach Artichoke Dip and Chips! This is a fun brunch recipe, that is a quick-go to, which can be made ahead of time, stored for up to three days, and the dip itself, which can be frozen, is a fun meal to make. I like to serve the dish on top of pan-friend potato slices, English pub-style. This recipe can be made from ingredients purchased from Save-A-Lot and Sam’s Club, on promotion; I can make this dish for under $7.00 and it will feed six. I enjoy this recipe as a dip, as well, I also serve this as a plated meal, from time to time as well, for easy late night meals; for dinners I simply fan fry everything, without cheese or the crockpot, for a lighter version over potatoes! Either way, this recipe is a winner!
Here’s what to do:
1 (8 ounce) canned chicken
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, Drained & Chopped
1 lb frozen spinach, Thawed & Chopped
2 Stalks fresh asparagus
3 russet potatoes
16 ounces cream cheese, Cubed
2 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, Cubed
2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, Cubed
3 garlic cloves, Minced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1) In one pan, pan fry three russet potatoes, which have been cut into 1/8 inch slices, until golden brown; once brown set the potato slices to the side.
2) In a second pan, lightly pan fry your asparagus stalks with your lemon pepper seasoning; the asparagus stalks should be cut into 1/2 inch discs, for three minutes.
3) Cubed Cheese and chicken add to Slow Cooker.
4) Chop Artichoke Hearts, asparagus, and Spinach and add to Cheese.
5) Place in a slow cooker on High setting.
6) Add Garlic and Pepper.
7) Cook for one hour; make sure to set your kitchen timer and stir the dip every 20 minutes.
8) 10 minutes before serving, place the potatoes on top of the sip, and allow them to warm; do not stir the potatoes into the dsp.
9) Serve the dip over the fried potatoes.