Good morning, savvy savers! As Spring Cleaning is a way of life for so many us presently, I thought for this weeks Homemade Cleaning Solutions post, I would share my recipe for homemade Clorox Bleach Pens! These pen, though so handy, are quite expensive, but fear not, with my recipe they can be made using recycled goods and products you are sure to have on hand, for only $0.05!
Here’s what you’ll need:
¾ C water
¼ C cornstarch
5–8 Tbsp bleach
Empty glue bottle
1 Sandwhich Bag
Here’s how to make it:
1) Mix together cold water and cornstarch in a saucepan.
2) Stir continually over medium to high heat until mixture thickens.
3) Once your mixture is thick and pasty, let it cool.
4) Transsfer your mixture to a small plstic sandwhich bag.
5) Stir in the bleach, slowly as to avoid splatter.
6) The mixture will thin out depending on how much you add; a good rule of thumbs to note is that the more bleach you add, the stronger your gel will be.
7) Now cut a small hole in the corner of your sandwhich bag, and pipe your mixture into a glue bottle, labeled bleach pen, and reseal.
8) Enjoy the clean!