Good morning, savvy savers! This week’s Beauty On A Budget post will involve one of my favorite products, eye gel. As I am now 31 years young, and am seemingly more in the market for eye creams, gels, pens, and spot treatments, then say a decade ago, I am always on the lookout for new ways to save on the best skin care products, and in this case, I am able to do so myself!
One of my favorite products for my eyes is the Garnier Rescue Moisture Rescue Gel, but with a price tag of $12.98 for a 1 ounce jar, this seems very steep in price! Upon closer inspection of the ingredients, I deduced that I could make my own, and through trial and error, which will last a full season, 4 months, for only $0.25!
1) Cut 1/4 of a large cucumber, which has been washed, peeled, and cubed, and blend until liquefied. Strain the mixture in a metal sieve.
2) Add to the cucumber mixture, 4 ounces aloe vera gel (purchased at my local Dollar Tree).
3) Whisk the two ingredients together, and let rest on your counter for 10 minutes.
4) Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator; I used a baby food jar. The mixture will last up to 4 months refrigerated.
5) Apply under and around the eyes before bed.