Good morning, savvy savers! Today I wanted to share with you one of my go-to brunch ideas, my favorite crockpot dessert recipe for Penny Pinching Pineapple Blueberry Crockpot Dump Cake! This recipe is also a favorite of mine when company calls or comes by unexpectedly, as this cake bakes in two hours, and can be ready after a grill-out, brunch, or unexpected, mid-week dinner. Keep in mind, this receipe is rich, and I suggest it be served with whip cream or vanilla ice cream.
With that said, I can make this dessert for $6.50, including both ice cream and whipped cream purchased at the Dollar Tree, which will feed 8.
Penny Pinching Pineapple Blueberry Crockpot Dump Cake:
1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
1 can (6 ounces) crushed pineapple
1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1) Butter a crockpot.
2) Place blueberry pie filling and entire can of pineapple in the slow cooker.
3) Combine dry cake mix and butter, then sprinkle over filling.
4) Sprinkle the pecans on top of the cake mix.
5) Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
6) Serve warm in bowls, topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.