Hello, again savvy savers! Today I wanted to share in my first of two gardening posts of the day, the progress being made on my backyard grass reseeding! If you remember, from my post here, that I used last years Autumnal hay, stored in my shed, to reseed my backyard. The grass has been watered daily, using a fine mist hose attachment, other than the days it has rained.
Here is the backyard upper tier two weeks later:
The germination process is slow, but steady, and its going to look great this Spring! Also, last years mums are starting to spring-up. Remember with mums, to pluck any flower heads that form until September, so to prevent the bushes from flowering, and eventually going to seed too early; I check for flowering buds weekly! As you can see from the photo, the previous owners left exposed, and poorly patched, cement on part of this bed, but I plan to cover this up with English Ivy from another part of my yard!
Another update is that several new varieties of crocuses and lilies are starting to form in one of my flower beds, and will look awesome this Spring once my new birdhouses are installed!
So, there’s the progress on my backyard thus far! Keep in mind I am starting eleven new projects this coming Spring and Summer, and will be posting updates as well!