Good morning again, my budgeting beauties! This morning, I am continuing my Beauty On A Budget Series, with a personal favorite in my own beauty arsenal, homemade Biore Pore Cleaning Strips! Making your own strips will cost for an initial $3.80 on average, which will be enough for 20 treatments; each strip will only cost $0.19, compared to $1.25 a strip for Biore!
Here’s my method:
1) To make strips, simply mix 1 tablespoon of Knox unflavored gelatin with 1 1/2 tablespoons milk; non-dairy almond, rice, or powdered milk substitutes work well also.
2) Heat your mixture in the microwave for 10 seconds, and apply to face with a paint brush or popsicle stick, on the nose, starting at the bridge and sweeping down each side.
3) Let your pore cleansing mixture dry on the skin for 30 minutes, until stiff and non-tacky to the touch.
4) Peel the gelatin strips off of your nose, starting at the two inside corners, one at a time, working towards the bridge of the nose. it off.
5) Wash your face with filtered water that has been steeped in green tea; this can be done at room temperature and done ahead of time.
6) If you elected to use a paint brush, wash out your brush, dry on paper towels, and store for use only for your face; if you opted for a popsicle stick, rinse it off and recycle the stick! Keep in mind both items can be purchased at the Dollar Tree, or using craft store coupons!
Remember, you saw this article first on The Lady Prefers To Save.