Hello again, savvy savers! In this weeks post for Caring Through Couponing, I am again dedicating the topic to solving a huge problem most couponers have, what to do with expired paper and printed coupons.
As you know, here at The Lady Prefers To Save, we donate coupons to those who may be able to use them, and this week I wanted to spotlight another fabulous coupon exchange program for troops, called Troopons®! Troopons® is a program where expired coupons can be mailed into the program, and they are in turn sent to military families, both domestic and stationed abroad.
The premise of the program is that military families are able to use expired coupons, up to 6 months past expiration dates, your expired coupons can easily help relieve the financial burden many military families face, keep more paper out of landfills, and helps get the word out about this effortless way to support our troops.
Another great aspect of the program is that they do not ask for any monetary compensation when sending in your coupons as you would directly to a base or community, but rather coupons are sent directly to the soldiers and their families, through drop-box volunteers; this ensures everyone gets a fair amount of quality coupons.
Here’s how you can get started as well:
1) Click here to find a location, closest to you, to mail your coupons.
2) Make sure you are sending coupons; they do not accept store coupons.
3) Make sure all coupons being sent are clipped out individually.
4) You should packaged in sandwich or quart-size plastic bags
5) You are asked not to send any vouchers nor restaurant coupons
6) Be sure to separate coupons into food, non-food, baby, and pet baggies.
7) Coupons can be mailed to:
Support Our Troops®
P.O. Box 70
Daytona Beach, FL 32115-0070
6) Before you send coupons, read this page! Procedures are important!
Here’s to Caring Through Couponing!